Sunday, March 16, 2008

Movie review - 1 - Hair - The Musical

Now, admittedly, I'm not the worlds greatest musical fan, but about 10 years ago, a friend invited me to watch Hair.. I was very dubious about the prosect, and I guess I had already judged the movie to be not one that I would particularly enjoy..

So you may imagine my delight as I slowly got drawn into the story, and mesmorised by the music..

Hair is, with but one small exception, the movie that I have seen more times than any other.. Each time I hear a little music from it, it brings a small tear of sadness and joy to my eye. I'm not quite sure why..

It's set in the 60s, and not perhaps at all what you might expect..

Me and my niece relaxing in the gardenLet the sun shine in, and be pleasantly surprised!

Read another review about it here:

http://www.squidoo.com/welovehair

Hugs,
PS If you are interested in what the one small exception is (mentioned above), then it is a russian childrens animated puppet show called Kiwaczek.. I think I watched it with my little niece almost every day for several months.. Very sweet story..
 

Hair


Previous Blog Post - Fruitarian Book Store

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments: