Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My Fruitarian Book

..Well, after many years of basically procrastinating with my fruitarian book, and continuosly putting it on hold, I have finally begun being methodical and writing a little each day..

It's been 2 weeks already, and after having first read through it once more, and deleting a good 20 pages of it that I wasn't quite happy with, I am now totalling about 80..

I'm feeling quite enthusiastic about it, and very happy to see it growing as it is.

What I want to ask you guys is, does anyone know of a publisher address / email of someone that may be able to offer assistance with getting it published once it is ready?

It's to be a book about 100% fruit pure fruitarianism, and the path of an ethical fruitarian.. But mostly I guess it'll be about me, and my journey so far. 

So, preferably some publisher that would be in to a raw vegan fruitarian book, or tips on how to self publish (though I'd prefer to have it done professionally).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! - Please post a comment below,  or send me an email..

thanks everyone!
Regards,
Mango.


Previous Blog Post - Selling your artwork online
      Next Blog Post - Interview with Fruitarian, Sun~Rose

Previous Fruitarian Book - The Health Revolution
More Fruitarian Books - Fruitarian Book Store

Blogged with the Flock Browser

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mango,

Most raw vegan books are self-published, which is just as professional a job as a commercial publisher -- leaving You with all the rights to Your book.

Otherwise, You have to submit copies of Your book to publishers.

I'm so glad Your book is coming along well. Do You have a title?

Once You have a manuscript, You will want to copyright it. I only know the American process for doing that; others are probably similar. It's not hard.

Looking forward to reading it!
Sun~Rose

Anonymous said...

Blurb.com and Lulu.com offer self-publishing facilities.

As for the copyright issue as mentioned in the previous post, it may not be totally "official", but simply putting a copy in an envelope which you send to yourself (and never open) can work as proof that you had it before anyone else!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Congratulations on the forward momentum!

That's been a nice side effect for me since cleaning up my diet to a high fruit, raw vegan diet a few months ago. So not quite fruitarian, but my love for fruit is quite strong & I can't wait to read your book!

(oops about the above, I wanted to post under the ID I actually use.)

Anonymous said...

Vegan-friendly Australian publisher:
http://www.aduki.net.au

Anonymous said...

Mango, since I couldn't find a "contact" link on your website I'll just ask you by comment. What do you use for shampoo? And if you use conditioner, what do you use?

Fruitarian Mango said...

Firstly, thanks for all the tips about getting books self published. I'll be refering back to them once I am ready..

Anonymous (the last one), you asked about shampoo.. I don't use any.. I occasionally use lemon juice, once every month or 2, or even less rarely aloevera.. Please read:

http://mangodurian.blogspot.com/2008/05/topsy-turvy-world-9-soap-is-clean-not.html

peace,
mango.

Raw Marcos' Blog said...

If you haven't figured it out, you need to get an isbn number from the library of congress even if you self publish. This is a way of keeping everything legal. Sure you can skip it but if you send a copy to the LOC and they issue you and isbn this also confirms your copyright of the book.

Fruitarian Mango said...

Finally got it published!

http://bit.ly/mangosbook

warm regards,
mango.