While transiting to a fruitarian diet, some amount of detox is pretty much inevitable..
Here are some points to remember:
- Detox is a good thing, - and not your enemy.
- Detox is never pleasant.
- Detox can take on many different and varied forms and guises.
- Detox can be sped up (but also intensified!) by not eating!!
- Future detox can be vastly prevented, but it is generally wise to not stop present detox.
- All consumed cooked foods, will (eventually) be the cause of some detox.
- Detox can sometimes appear to be ongoing. Especially if you eat a high percentage of raw vegan foods and small amounts of cooked foods.
- Certain food combinations can cause detox.
- Detox is an emergency elimination.
- Most forms of dis-ease from which we suffer are predominantly some form of detox or other..
- Detox is the bodies way of cleansing itself as it strives toward optimum health.
- Detox is initiated for 2 main reasons.. Either because the body decides that it is in desperate need of a spring clean, or because the body is invaded by an external menace (that incidentally, can only thrive where filth is present (germs - more about that in a later post to follow)).
- Remember.. Your headache is not caused by lack of aspirin in your diet!!!
Blogged with Flock